course 2014
Ads By IM Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LESSON 1 : What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Does it Really Work?

IM GreenHorn
    Thanks

LESSON 1 : What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Does it Really Work?

Hi all
    I'll start a serious of lesson here . I'll post a lesson everyday These lessons are for beginners,intermediate and advanced users.

Lesson 1 : What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Does it Really Work?

To those of us like myself who have been doing search engine optimization (SEO) for around a decade, and for anyone with even a little SEO seasoning this may seem like a very odd question!

Well the truth is many people are still asking it--many people who aren't familiar with the online world are naturally skeptical about whether it works or not, and haven't experienced the results businesses can achieve with SEO--and so it's a perfectly valid question.

As you may know, search engine optimization is the method of ranking your site to show up in the top 10 search results of a search engine to gain traffic for a particular topic (or keyword phrase). This method is practically free compared to using other forms of advertising, and you can do it yourself quite easily.

And, yes, SEO does work. Here's why...

Google and any search engine is looking for the best site to rank for your particular target keyword phrase. When you understand how Google chooses the best site you can then manipulate your site to take advantage of that.

You accomplish this by doing two things:

1. You make changes to your site to help clarify what your site and pages are about, and

2. You make changes to other sites. With other sites, you're creating links that link to your site such as through a service like Linkvana.com--because every link to your site is a vote for your site.

When you've got both clarity and votes, and do so without trying to trick or cheat the search engines, then you've got effective SEO.

Below is an example of a Google search, with the top and the right side being paid advertising "Paid Search Results" (in red), but the lower left side in the wider column is an actual non paid "Organic Search Results" (in green--this is free advertising!)

Search engine optimization aims to put your site link right there in the Organic column when someone types in a search phrase related to your site. You can't buy your way there! You have to earn it. So you can imagine how powerful it can be once you harness this method and put it to use for your Web pages!

This method will take time but in the end, your result will be well worth the effort.

Often people get frustrated and give up with this method because there are too many aspects that need to be covered. This is principally because they just don't have the right tools or know how. In reality doing basic SEO is a simple step-by-step process that anyone can do.

There are of course some traffic secrets and insights I'll share with you in the course of our lessons together.

Here's what I promise you:

• We'll cover both bases, the SEO you need to do to your site that is so essential, and also the SEO you need to do to build links to your site which is just as important if not more.

• I'll also show you exactly how to know if you're getting a positive ROI on your SEO efforts.

• I'll illustrate everything I show you with examples and pictures.

• For those of you who already have some SEO savvy I'll be throwing in a few advanced techniques and industry insights you'll want be sure you're aware of.

Don't worry too much about how it all works, just follow the step-by-step instructions forresults.

First we'll focus on the correct way of finding out the keywords you can add to and optimize your site with for best search engines results

See you tomorrow when we continue with Lesson 2: How What You Already Know Seeds Your SEO.
    Last edited by seokiller; 08-23-2012 at 07:40 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to seokiller For This Useful Post:

April (09-13-2012)

Thanks
    I am looking forward to lesson 2. Search engine optimization is indeed very important, if you have a website or a blog.

IM Noob
    Thanks
    Excellent lesson . easy to follow. Thanks . please keep posting other lessons.

IM GreenHorn
    Thanks
    Oh I missed the part 1 I have read first the part II

Allison

Thanks
    Of course it works. People use search engines for everything. I think I have used Google 5 times today. Once to find how to make a garlic spread, once to figure out what can be causing my car not to start, I even googled how to crush garlic. I found what I was looking for. If you optimized your site for "how to crush garlic" and ranked #1-#5 then I probably visited your site. That is the purpose of SEO.

IM GreenHorn
    Thanks
    Search engine optimization is done in order to increase the online visibility of the website. If done correctly, it surely works! The main emphasis must be on getting good and authoritative backlinks from relevant websites, thereby there will be an improvement in the keywords rankings.

IM Noob
    Thanks
    Hi seokiller! I'm new to SEO and reading this topic is really interesting for me! Thanks for sharing. I look forward to your future lessons.

IM GreenHorn
    Thanks
    T_T Oh I just love reading articles like this. Thanks seokiller. I'd be sure to wait for your next lesson about this. I always take the opportunity to learn about other people take on things like this because I always learn more from it.

Thanks
    Search Engine Optimization is one of the most effective things you can do online, having your internet site enhanced in such a way that the online search engine will certainly award you by generally delivering website traffic your method. SEO is not truly that basic, yet the bottom line is, if your webpage is maximized both on page and also off, you typically have greater organic search engine ranks, which triggers web traffic for you.

Thanks
    I appreciate your efforts that you are trying to reach out those who want to learn and get into SEO. I am sure this forum would be helpful to those in many ways.