Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exclusive FREE Course On Starting A Profitable Website On A Budget

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Exclusive FREE Course On Starting A Profitable Website On A Budget

Part 1/9
    Before You Begin
    – The Fundamentals Of Good Business

A lot of people jump into this business completely unprepared or without having any clue what they’re getting themselves into. They’ve seen an infomercial or heard just how easy and effortless making money online is due to an infomercial more than likely. The hard truth and reality is much worse than what you’ve heard about in the infomercial or what you’ve read about from people on various make money online forums.

The Truth

When it comes to making money online, it’s a harsh mistress and it takes a lot of work to pull off a successful business. So if you’re not willing to put in 110% effort to building a successful internet based business and never having to work again, I would highly recommend that you close this course and go find yourself a nice little 9-5 job. You’ll have guaranteed income and a structured environment where you’re told exactly what to do and how to do it.

This business isn’t for everyone and people who don’t employ practical fundamentals of good business won’t last in this business long at all. These are usually the people who end up giving up on a website or an idea before they even give it a chance. If this sounds like you at all, then I’m sorry to say but this business might not be for you. There are several different fundamentals and mentalities you need to adapt and put into your everyday life to ensure you have success.

First and foremost, failure is not an option. You’ve got to completely erase the idea and thought of failure from your mind. If you’re afraid of failure or just the idea that you won’t succeed, then you should know that this is completely normal and there’s nothing wrong with you. Everyone who goes into business has a chance of failing and has that fear in the back of their mind. You will fail a good portion of the time. Thomas Edison himself said “I haven’t failed; I’ve just a thousand ways that don’t work.”

Giving up is yet another thing that people do but I will touch up on this in a later chapter of this course. I want to stress to people that giving up is not an option and that if you’re one of those people who gives up on an idea or a project after a month because you’re not making as much money as you had hoped, then you might want to consider a different profession or perhaps a regular 9-5 job because this business isn’t for you.

Be prepared for long hours and a lot of work load without being paid. Internet marketers work extremely long hours and the majority of those hours they never make a single penny because they’re working on building their business or their list up. There are several different things you need to know about business but hopefully I have touched up on the core fundamentals and mentalities that every single internet marketer should adapt into their lifestyle and their personality before they continue this business.

Millionaires aren’t snobs or close minded people, they just prefer to hang out and work with likeminded people. The common misconception is that all millionaires and successful marketers are complete snobs but this isn’t even close to the truth.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Part 2/9
    Brainstorming And Mind Mapping

Alright, before we get into the real meat and bones of this course, we need to first figure out exactly what we want to do. You also have to understand why it’s essential to have a website and why it’s important to set up a long term business goal in your brainstorming process because the short term profit earners never last in this business.

Short Term Versus Long Term

There are people who like to do “affiliate” marketing and they setup a simple website without a real brainstorming process or end game goal. What happens is, they might make a couple of sales but after that they give up on their idea and their website.

So would you rather be making a few affiliate sales or would you rather be retaining customers and building a long term business that might take extra work but is infinitely better in the long run for business and your personal financial freedom? The question and answer should be quite obvious because long term business will always trump over short term business.

Now then, what you want to do is, sit down, get a piece of paper or even open up notepad on your computer and genuinely think to yourself; what do I want to do? Are you a gamer? Do you want to start a gardening blog? Do you want to start a make money online related forum? Think long and hard about what it is you want to do because you’re going to be pouring blood, sweat and tears into this project and if that sounds like too much work for you, like I said, there are plenty of 9-5 jobs that’ll take you.

No one’s going to hold your hand through this and personally help you make money online unless you pay a personal IM coach a ton of money. There are plenty of cheap coaches out there but none of them have any idea what they’re doing and anyone who’s made real money online isn’t going to teach you from the ground up for free.

So once you have a decent idea of what you’d like to do, I want you to genuinely think about it and honestly ask yourself if that’s a niche you’d like to break into. Any niche will be fine. You’re going to map out all of your ideas and then write a pros and cons list of every niche and idea you have. My first niche that I broke into was internet marketing and I had never even attempted anything like this before so needless to say I got my own behind handed to me because my plan was poorly thought out. I made an affiliate sale on my first day and not a single one after that.

So once you have a great idea, you’ve mapped it out in your mind, you’ve got it on paper and you know exactly what you want to do, then we can continue to the next step of the process which is setting up some domain and hosting registration. Then after that we’ll discuss building a website and some effective tips to do so, because you want to set yourself apart from the crowd. It’s time to leave the drawing board and get to the actual grinding of the business but first, we’ll need to pick a host and a domain and I’ll give you my preferred choices for doing so.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Part 3/9
    Hosting / Domain Registration

This is more than likely the easiest part of the process and is relatively inexpensive. If you don’t have $25 to your name to spend on this, I’m not sure you should be focusing on internet marketing, but I think you should be focusing on making some money so you can live, eat, etc.
    Hosting

Now, a lot of people debate on what the best place is to do this but I’m going to throw out my suggestion for this. I personally use Hostgator because of the amazing support I’ve gotten with them and all of the amazing features that come with hosting. Plus, they have great uptime and the live 24/7 customer support chat usually wins me over. I’ve never had to wait more than 10 minutes to get a customer service support chat answered and I’ve even got to speak to some top level security engineers when I had a Wordpress site that was hacked and malicious code got into it.

So take that advice for what you will but if you’re going to ask my personal opinion based on experience with dozens of websites, I’m going to recommend Hostgator. Hostgator.com offers relatively cheap hosting starting out at just $6 a month and going up to $12 a month. I recommend the $12 but if you’re that strapped for cash, the $6 a month and $20 setup fee is very inexpensive to start up a website, but you still have the domain registration.

Domain Registration

A lot of people like to argue on this one about which one is better and which one they should choose but again, if you’re going to ask for my personal opinion based on experience, I would easily have to say GoDaddy. GoDaddy.com has a lot of amazing and cool features to setup a domain and it’s usually only $10 or $9. There are a lot of domain registrants out there that will charge $1.99 or $4 but I don’t have any experience with them and I’ve only heard pretty terrible things. That’s why I personally like to stick to GoDaddy and Hostgator as my preferred two choices for Domains and Hosting.

Once you’ve registered your domain, there’s a process to transferring that domain to Hostgator. There are several tutorials online to help you do this but essentially what you do is, you go into your Hostgator account (Your Control Panel) and there will be an option to addon a domain, from there you can add the domain you registered. Also, you’ll need to go into your GoDaddy account and change the DNS servers to match what you have at Hostgator. I don’t remember the exact process behind it, but like I said, the customer service chat for Hostgator is always online and always extremely helpful so a quick chat with them should help you with that.

The next part of the course I’d like to discuss is Market Research because a lot of people simply don’t do it or fail to do so.

IM Noob
    Thanks

Exclusive FREE Course On Starting A Profitable Website On A Budget

Excellent Admin! Thank you very much for sharing these details. This article is very helpful and pretty easy to understand. Thank you once again!

Kindly let me know where can I find the complete article?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Part 4/9
    Market Research

One thing a lot of people fail to do once they have their idea is market research. Without properly researching who your audience or potential customers are, you’re just blindly fishing in the dark at that point and hoping people just randomly throw you money.

A little tip; no one is coming online to just simply give you money. The only time people give out money is if they’re looking for a solution or they’re looking for more information to a problem. Commonly, it’s when people are looking for a solution because depending on how hungry your market is to find a solution, they’ll buy just about anything you have to sell them. This is why market research is one of the most important aspects of making money online, without doing so you’re just hoping people hand you money.

The Google Keyword Tool

This will be your first starting point. Do a simple Google search for the Google Keyword Tool and type in the main keyword you want to focus on or to get ideas for keywords based on the website you’ve created. A good keyword as a starting point will have low or medium competition because the high competition keywords will require a ton more work and the competition is usually pretty stacked on those.

Once you have a good keyword or at least a decent idea of what keyword you need to be targeting, now we need to research our audience and figure out exactly WHY they would purchase what it is you have to sell or what you would be selling. We’ll get into which one is best for you in the next chapter but what problem are we solving? When you examine how much a site will be worth potentially, you have to figure out what problem it’ll be solving for people.

Facebook – The problem solved by this site was people wanted to communicate with their friends or relieve boredom and wanted to do so on a more private level than what was offered by the other social networks.

EBay – The problem solved by this site is people wanted a public auction house where they could effortlessly scan, shop and pay for items or even sell items to a massive host of people. Bundling up with PayPal solved the problem of handling payments through an independent payment processor.

Any Make Money Online Product Site – The problem being solved by some of these are that people want to make money online for unknown reasons. There are a wide variety of reasons that people may be looking to make money online but that’s the core problem solved by these sites.

So, those are just three examples but you have to figure out exactly what your website is offering people and what problem it’s solving for people before you can understand why they would ever purchase anything you recommend or that you sell from your website. Once that’s out of the way, we can move onto actually designing and building the website.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by online_mark View Post
    Excellent Admin! Thank you very much for sharing these details. This article is very helpful and pretty easy to understand. Thank you once again!

Kindly let me know where can I find the complete article?
    Thanks for joining our forum.You'll find this course only here on IM Forum I's Exclusive . follow us and get the whole course

IM Noob
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Thanks for joining our forum.You'll find this course only here on IM Forum I's Exclusive . follow us and get the whole course
    Hi Admin, Cool!! Thank you for your prompt response. Sure. I will stick to "IM Forum I's Exclusive" to get the whole course & updates.

Keep rocking!

Cheers,
    Online Marketing Professional

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Part 5/9
    Great Web Design Practices

You have two options here

A: You can learn the core fundamentals of HTML/CSS and design the website yourself

B: You can hire someone to design the site for you or use one of those disgusting ugly cheap templates that hosts usually offer

We want to design a killer website so I recommend doing A or hiring someone but again, if you’re on a tight budget then I guess you can start off with a random template for now. You can find plenty of Wordpress templates or even Squeeze Page/Landing Page Wordpress templates, but what you use will ultimately depend on what kind of site you want to build. We covered that in an earlier section and at this point if you have no idea what you want to do, you may want to go back and re-read through this because that’ll be the most important part of the web design process.

The Psychology Of Colors

Did you know that certain websites are successful because of the colors? There are actually psychological factors behind the colors of websites and what they mean.

Red – This makes people feel alerted and usually aren’t practical to use in web design when you’re trying to sell something.

Blue – This makes people feel at ease, which is why it’s the most used color for online dating sites. People who date online are usually very cautious and suspicious and those people know about the psychological effect of colors and what it does to people.

Green – This makes people spend money. Do you really think it’s a pure coincidence that during Christmas time there is just green stuff everywhere? Nope, it’s purely a sales tactic, it makes people spend until they can’t spend anymore.

That’s a basic overview of the colors but try to pick your colors wisely when designing your website or picking out a theme.

The navigation of your website should be clear, easy, concise and to the point. Don’t make people jump through loops just to get to the information they want and don’t take people for a ride. Lay out everything in a simple to see menu and lay it out clearly so it’s easy for the most confused customers to read. Trust me, you’re going to get a lot of people who aren’t as technologically advanced as you are on the computer and they’re going to ask dumb questions, it’s part of business.

Also, you may want to check for compatibility for Internet Explorer because while the browser is improving, there are still a whole host of issues surrounding Internet Explorer and how well it handles displaying some of the advanced CSS3/HTML5 elements. Also, you may need to incorporate what’s known as “Hacks” to make things look the way they should in older versions of Internet Explorer. While it’s an inconvenience, you still need to make sure that ALL browsers (even the older Internet Explorer) users can view your website. Next, we’re going to talk about picking a money making method and implementing it into the site.

Hopefully you’ve got at least an idea at this point of how you want to make money or at least what you want to do.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Part 6/9
    Implementing Your Money Method Into The Site

So, here we are with this awesome idea, we’ve done our market research and now we’ve got this killer awesome website, but how do we make money off of it? First, you need to incorporate your idea you thought of earlier into the site. There are more advanced methods of making even more money and retaining customers through lists and ads but we’ll go into that in our other Course which will tell you exactly how to make and sell Solo Ads or build a list.

When it comes down to the bare essentials, you can either do two things (with your idea), you can either make money selling your own product or you can make money selling someone else’s product.

Either A: You make your own line of products, e-books, software, etc. Whatever the product may be, you sell your own product to people on a website.

Or B: You sell advertising space, you put up affiliate links, you put up banner ads, etc. Regardless, if you’re not selling your own product, you’re selling someone else’s product, no matter what idea you chose to go with. Yes, even AdSense is considered selling someone else’s product. That’s really what it boils down to in the end. So you can complicate this like a lot of new marketers do but I hope you’ve decided on what you want to do at this point now that we’re this far along.

If you decided to sell your own product, then you have a couple of options. You can create a landing page which is just a sales page essentially that visitors will land on. In some cases, a landing page will re-direct to a sales page but this is ridiculous in my opinion and I prefer that the visitors get to what they’re looking for o the very first page, but everyone has their preferences.

So, if you’re setting up a landing page or even a “squeeze page” which is essentially the same thing but it forces a visitor to sign up via e-mail to see a real sales page or sometimes be taken directly to the order form (I highly recommend staying away from this business model by the way) then what you’re going to want to do is follow these steps.

1. You want a powerful introduction to capture your reader’s attention. The majority of browsers will leave a page if the first couple headlines doesn’t strike their interest or isn’t eye-catching to them, it’s been a proven fact that when landing upon a new page, their attention span is very short. You have to act fast.
    2. You want either a video or a sales copy (usually with some graphic visual aids, it doesn’t hurt) to display the message you’re trying to say. The message can either be “BUY MY CRAP NOW” or it can be recommending someone to buy a product that you highly recommend via a “review” page. There are several different kinds of content pages you can setup, but just describe what your product (or the product you’re promoting) is, what it does, what it solves and why they need it.

That’s really all you need to know about selling people. Stick to point #2, and you’ll have a highly converting page that churns out affiliate commissions in no time.

Advertisements

Let’s say you plan on advertising whether it be affiliate links, AdSense, Amazon or what have you on your page. These are usually best on a blog or a dynamic website that’s constantly getting content because it doesn’t make much sense to put them on a static page with content that never changes. If they click on affiliate link, then they’re only going to be there once.

However, if you’re running a huge Wikipedia style informational site, then it is practical to do this with static content because more than likely, they’ll be back for more information.

Advertisements are usually best placed as banners to the side, on top or inside your blog posts (if you have a blog) or sometimes even in the content you have placed on the site. I can’t say what will work best for you because everyone’s site’s going to be different and different things will work better for different people.

One thing you need to remember is, you HAVE to research your market , your audience, understand how people are finding your website and why they’re coming to it. That’s going to help you fine tune and tweak settings and content on your site to get the best optimal conversions out of people. So in review, we talked about some of the different ideas you can incorporate onto your website and how to properly implement them.

After you’ve taken the time to do that, you’re really all set and what you have to do from this point (which I’m going to discuss in the next chapter) is be persistent and not give up. When you give up, that’s when you ultimately and truly fail because until that point when you decide to give up, there really is no such thing as failing.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    part 7/9
    Persistence And Not Giving Up

I really wish I could stress this more but I can’t tell you how many people give up on their IM dreams and career FAR too early. People call it quits far too early and honestly to tell you the truth, there really is no time to ever just give up. When you give up, that’s when you’ve thrown in the towel and when you have truly failed as an internet marketer.

Do you know how many of the large and major name gurus out there who currently make millions of dollars today had embarrassing failures and failed a good portion of the time? Look at people like Frank Kern who had actually been sued at one point in his life by the FTC because he was offering a program that was built like a pyramid scheme and the claims he was making was not justified.

So did Frank call it quits and say “whelp, shows over”? No, he kept on going and guess what? He’s one of the most successful and looked up internet marketers in the world today. He’s by no means the richest one, but the point is, he didn’t stop trying and he didn’t give up.

There will be tough times in this business and there will be times when you want to call it quits or you feel like nothing is working out for you but the important thing is NOT to give up.

Also, there’s one thing I’d like to touch base on because a lot of people apparently don’t understand that you are only going to get what you pay for. One thing I’d like to point out is that if you order cheap services, you’re going to get a cheap product. So if you’re paying some content writer a sub-human (foreign) rate to write content for your website, then you’re only going to get sub-par content.

This leads me to the point of buying useless products like eBooks and get rich quick products. These people are nothing more than marketers and people looking to make bank off of your hopes, ambitions or dreams. None of these people are actually doing the methods described in their book or product, they’re making money by selling useless products to you. Do you honestly believe that “Jim Rich” or whatever’s name just came up on the TV is really making bank by using his $25,000 a day product that he’s selling for $19.97?

Hell no, he’s making his money by selling you his product. You aren’t going to find some magical product solution for cheap that’ll solve all of your money problems by simply purchasing a cheap product. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! I’ve been telling people this for years, and hopefully it will sink in at one point or time for the people who happen to read down this far.

DON’T GIVE UP AND DON’T GIVE INTO THE PRODUCT MARKETERS! That’s who you want to be! You don’t want to be their customer base!