course 2014
Ads By IM Forum

Thread: Exclusive FREE Course On List Building

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Exclusive FREE Course On List Building

Part 1/5
    Introduction To List Building

So what exactly is list building, why should you do it, is there money to be made in it, how do you implement in and much more will be answered in this short guide all about list building. If you haven’t read the first guide yet about starting up a website on a budget, then you’re going to want to go back and read through that because to have a list or even build one, you NEED a website so you can sell your services or products. Sure, there are Solo Ads and Ad Swaps but essentially you’re going to want your own website.

So if this is your first guide you’re reading, you might want to head back and read the first course first.

What exactly is list building and what does it do? List building is essentially the art of obtaining long term customers because you see, on a web page there is something called an e-mail opt in box. When people put their e-mail into that box, they then get on someone’s e-mail list. The more people you get onto this list, the more you’re doing the art of what is known as “list building”.

Here’s a more detailed and simplified explanation of what list building essentially is.

Let’s say you own a website about making money online and it’s a landing page. When a visitor visits that landing page, there will be a box “if you’re building any list at all” to where people can enter in their e-mail address and when they do, they’ll be “subscribers” or put on your list. The more people you have, the more money you can make off your list, depending upon how targeted your list is and what you’re selling. The concept is very simple but a lot of people tend to overthink it.

List building has been around nearly since websites started being built but in the old days, people didn’t have fancy software that would autorespond to everyone that subscribed to their list, but instead they had to do it by hand manually and this was a time consuming task, so eventually someone came up with the software “autoresponder”.

What this does is, when someone signs up to your list, it will send them whatever you want them to. Perhaps all your new subscribers get a newsletter, a welcome letter or a sales pitch or whatever you send them.
    Regardless, an autoresponder is built in with most list building forms now days to automatically handle all of that hard work for you. That’s your core and basic introduction as to what a list is and what list building is. Next, we’re going to discuss how important it is and if it’s even important at all or nearly as much as people say it is.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Part 2/5
    Is The Money Really In The List

You see, this is a loaded question and the answer is yes and no.

Yes – The money can be in the list depending upon what you’re selling, how you obtained your list and how targeted they are. I’ll go over more of these in detail in just a minute but I want to explain how it might NOT be in the list.

No – If you have a paid or random list of people that you forced to sign up “subscribe” to your e-mail database, then your list is FAR less profitable than it could be and therefore, the money won’t be in the list. Too many people (yet again those people looking for an easy button in life) try to get forced sign ups or buy lists and think that’s their key to financial freedom. Sorry, not even close and this doesn’t work, so stop doing it.

Just how targeted are the people you’re trying to obtain on your list? This is one question you need to ask yourself to determine the potential value of your list because think about this, would you rather have 1 million random people on your list that were sold to you and have absolutely no interest in what you have to sell or would you rather have 10 targeted people on there. You know they’re interested in what you have to sell and you can sell them anything at any time. I believe the answer actually becomes quite clear and obvious at that point of time.

You can see this posted time and time again all over the internet, people countlessly say “the money is in the list, if you don’t have a list, you won’t make any money”. I hate when people say there’s only one way to make money from the internet and having a list is only one way. Sure, it’s highly profitable but it’s not the only way to make money. So actually, the money is and is not in the list, it all depends on how you go about it and how you’re marketing your website. You can make it a highly profitable list or you can make a list that’ll never make you any money.

Later on I’m going to cover how to effectively build your list and how to avoid the common mistakes that a lot of people when building their own lists that cause people to end up with useless lists that never make them any money. There are a lot of things that people do that are both right and wrong but some of them you might not even know you’re doing or might not have ever thought about. I’ll also give you my unpopular opinion on squeeze pages, why I don’t recommend them and why I never use them.

I’m sure you’ve heard of the ever so popular squeeze pages before that people swear by. These are typically pages that you visit that load a video or a small sales page and it forces you (most of the time) to put in your e-mail which subscribes you to a list and then you’ll be able to the sales page only after you’ve entered your e-mail. I’ll talk about why I don’t agree with this method at all in the next chapter where I cover how to implement an e-mail opt in service the effective way.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Part 3/5
    How To Implement An Email Opt In The Efficient Way

So, let’s say, you’ve got this awesome website but you’re not capturing e-mails. Why is capturing e-mails so important in the first place? I guess I could have explained this a little better in the introduction, but first before I can explain to you how to do this as effectively as possible, I’m going to explain why it’s highly efficient to have a list.

Alright, let’s say you have a website but you’re not building a list and you’re not capturing any e-mails. Here’s what happen. Even if you happen to make a sale, then all that’s currently happening is that you’re making a sale and that browser has no reason to ever come back to your website ever again. You won’t have to worry about the refund rate or ever trying to please them sure, they’re the vendor’s problem if you’re promoting another product, but that means you can never make another penny off of them ever again.

Now, let’s say you have a website and you’re selling either your own product or someone else’s and you are offering customers the option to opt in to your subscriber list. What happens is now, is not only did you just make a sale, but you now have a potential life time long customer that you can continue to sell stuff to because they’re obviously interested in what you’re selling or what you have to say. So which one do you think is the better option and which one do you think is more profitable in the long run?

Now, let’s discuss the proper way of implementing an opt in list and why doing a squeeze page with a forced opt in list is a bad idea and messes up your conversion rating. To put this as simply as possible, the best way to get opt ins and highly targeted e-mails is to simply put an e-mail opt in box right there on your page so it gives them the OPTION to sign up. IF people like what you have to say or they’re interested in your page, they’ll subscribe to your list and they’ll be extremely targeted. That’s the most targeted kind of customer you can get, when they knowingly subscribe to your list and they aren’t forced to but they’re simply given the option.

Now, when you have a squeeze page that forces people to sign up to see a sales page or to see an order page, here’s what happens a lot of the time. When people feel “obligated” to sign up to something just to see a sales page or the likes, they’ll either bounce off of the page creating a bounce which raises your bounce percentage in Google analytics. This is bad because the bounce percent of your site is taken into account when Google is analyzing your website to see how effective is at SEO and ranking you on the first page.

Secondly, people will more than likely use a fake e-mail or an e-mail used for spam e-mails that they never check excluding to activate accounts just because of squeeze pages. People don’t realize this but this happens every single day and all the time. I myself have an account just for squeeze pages that don’t allow you to see the sales page until you put in an e-mail. I find this to be highly annoying and the people you’re acquiring while doing this are nowhere near targeted. So the more you do this, the more you’re just losing potential customers, money and costing yourself more money with your subscription service because the more subscribers you have, the more they’re going to charge you.

It’s all about operating costs and keeping it to a minimum. WE are talking about how to do this on a budget after all. If you’re a complete newb and you have no idea what a subscription or responder service is, check out Aweber. Yes it costs money but if you absolutely can’t afford it, then Google how to put a simple contact form on your page and you’ll have to respond to e-mails by hand or you’ll have to manually keep your subscriber list up to date. If that’s the case then there’s a whole host of other things you have to do such as keeping a spreadsheet of how many people there are, how many people buy your products after each e-mail sent and etc. So, stop being cheap and get the basic Aweber service.

After you get a few targeted (highly unique targeted) customers on there, it’ll pay for itself when you sell them something anyways.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Part 4/5
    Paid Lists Versus Natural Lists

This is one of the most perplexing things I’ve ever seen and it falls back on what I said in course 1, “You get what you pay for.” People for some odd reason think that buying paid lists full of random email subscribers is a great way to build up your list. Even to the point that they’ll go to Fiverr and start buying every list there. Let me fill you in on exactly how they make those lists… they have scraping software that scrapes dead forums and inactive boards that don’t have the technology to stop spam software that scrapes inactive accounts. Most of the e-mails you’re buying are inactive.

Even if you could buy 10,000 random e-mails, what in the world are you going to do with them? Your click thru rate is going to be terribly low, and any auto-responder service will charge you hundreds a month for that many subscribers. So you’d actually be losing money on that.

So here’s my take on those paid lists, if you buy them, not only are you cheap, buy you’re losing money. I keep saying it in my courses, but there is no EASY button in life where it just hands you money or even subscribers. If you want to make it in this business and be as successful as some of the top level marketers and gurus, you’re going to have to work for it like they did. They all had to work for it and most of them (almost all) had really embarrassing failures and most of the ventures they tried out simply never worked out for them.

Natural lists are the way to go, they always have been and they always will be. Natural lists means people have willingly signed up to your service to hear what you had to say and obviously it was of importance because otherwise, why would they have signed up at all? So, you’re always going to want to build up that natural list if you want a profitable list, but if you want to make a few measly bucks then be one of those Fiverr people who think selling 10,000 people for $5 is a good or profitable business model. I simply will never understand the Fiverr or CHEAP people.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Part 5/5
    Conclusion

List building is a very simple concept and the idea behind it is very simple as well. Itís all about building unique and highly targeted followers to your subscriber list so you can sell them stuff. Sure, you have to offer them value as well but in essence, theyíre only there so you can sell them stuff. If they signed up or purchased a product from you before, then theyíre obviously interested in your line of products or what youíre saying, so THAT is why people say a list is so profitable.

Plus, once theyíve signed up, theyíre yours as long as they remain on that list. Itís like being a salesman and the customers come directly to you, what more could you possibly ask for? Thatís like being handed money in your pocket and all you have to do is show them the products. Obviously thereís much more to it and itís more complex than that but thatís essentially what it is. Building a list thatís profitable basically boils down to those key concepts about being legit, honest and getting real subscribers and not fake ones or forced sign ups.

So in review, I hope youíve learned a bit from this guide and taken in some of the advice for granted. If youíre still confused, I recommend you go through both courses and read through them again because Iíve laid everything out as simple as possible. If youíre still confused, send me a PM on the forums (Admin) and I will try my best to explain something to you. I like to help people and I donít mind helping people when thereís a problem or they have a question for me.

IM GreenHorn
    Thanks
    List building is a very simple concept and the idea behind it is very simple as well. It’s all about building unique and highly targeted followers to your subscriber list so you can sell them stuff. Sure, you have to offer them value as well but in essence, they’re only there so you can sell them stuff.

IM Junior Expert
    Thanks
    I was really unaware from this new technique, I didn't go through this course completely but I take a glance over the course which is really gave a great way to know about this technique.

IM Noob
    Thanks
    nice share in todays era

IM Apprentice
    Thanks

Thanks

Very well written and i appreciate your efforts. Once again thanks alot.