Ads By IM Forum

Thread: Exclusive FREE Course On Solo Ads And How To Effectively Utilize Them

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Exclusive FREE Course On Solo Ads And How To Effectively Utilize Them

Part 1/5

Introduction To Solo Ads

I’m sure you’ve seen this term thrown around places like the Warrior Forum, Internet Marketing forum, Digital Point and other random various forums across the web but what does it mean? I’m going to be honest with you right now, it’s a stupid term… I don’t know who made it up but it makes absolutely no sense. Basically, a solo ad is just an e-mail sales copy. It’s a sales copy that’s going out to people’s e-mails. For some reason though, e-mail sales copy wasn’t classy enough so people started calling it a “solo ad”. Who knows but regardless, that’s essentially all it is.

How do they make you money? Well, what you do is, you find someone, then you have them mail out your solo ad to their e-mail subscriber list for a fee. How much is the fee? This will greatly depend on the amount of people that are on the list and a variety of other things. The authority and the rank of the website will play a role as well because if you were the owner if a PR7 website and had 20,000 subscribers, would you want to send out your ad for cheap or send out a junk ad for cheap? The vendor of a solo ad or the host also has reliability as well because they could lose customers if the ad isn’t up to par with what they usually send.

Solo ads aren’t complicated and there are different ways people go about this. Some people type them up in Wordpad and just copy paste them as is, some people like to add images (which I don’t recommend) and some people like to add highlighted words (which there’s nothing wrong with). Usually there’s a few links scattered throughout the ad to convince the reader to click thru to the page that the solo ad sender is trying to get them to go to. How many people click these ads usually varies because it’s hard to predict how many people on another person’s list are actually going to like what you have to say because they’re not used to being promoted by your stuff or your content.

How profitable can a solo ad be? This is another common question I get but it’s variable depending on all of those factors we talked about above. Some people will make bank off of them and some people won’t make anything because they did inadequate research and sent out their solo ad to someone who had a list that wasn’t anywhere near interested in what they had to sell. You also have to worry about the vendor having fake leads or fake people on their e-mail list because that happens as well. So you definitely need to do your research because scamming happens in this industry and in the solo ad and ad swap business as well.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Part 2/5
    Introduction To Ad Swaps

So now that you understand exactly what a Solo Ad or at least have an efficient idea of what a solo ad is, it’s time to explain exactly what Ad Swaps are. An Ad Swap is a joint venture so to speak or an exchange of two people’s ad swaps. What happens is, they give each other their solo ads to mail out to their lists in order to exchange traffic. Who made these terms up? Honestly, I’m not sure and I hate the terms but that’s what everyone uses so that’s what I’m going to use as well.

So why do this? Well, when you swap out solo ads, you’re basically giving each other your traffic and in turn, you might gain some of their subscribers and they might gain some of your subscribers (at least I hope you’re building up a list). It’s really the best of both worlds and there’s not many downfalls to having an ad swap. There is ONE downfall and that’s that you could be getting untargeted leads depending on his sales page. If his page or his e-mail subscribers aren’t exactly “targeted” then what happens is, you end up with random people on your e-mail subscribers list that more than likely aren’t going to purchase anything.

Speaking more about targeted members, as I discussed in Course #2, you want to make sure you’re getting the most targeted list as well or else, not a lot of people are going to want to do ad swaps with you (which I’ll explain later) and these are highly profitable for everyone involved. So if you’re still confused on solo ads and what they are, I’ll try to explain it as easily as possible.

Let’s say, you have a website on gardening and you want to gain more traffic to it and more subscribers. Well, let’s say you don’t rank too highly in the search engines and you don’t have the budget to dabble into pay per click. One of your main options you can choose is to build an ad (which is an advertisement) and get ahold of an affiliate with an e-mail list and have them send it out to their list. This is what’s known as a solo ad (I told you I have no idea why they call it that). As I said, how conversion rates will go and how much money you can make off of that solo ad will vary based on a lot of different factors but we’ll discuss how to build the most efficient solo ad in the next part of this course.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Part 3/5
    The Most Efficient Solo Ads

So now that you have an efficient understanding of exactly what solo ads are and what ad swaps are, you’re going to need to know how to make the most efficient solo ads. Well first, you’re going to need a program like Microsoft Word or the likes, even if you’re just using Open Office which is a free alternative to Word. I highly recommend getting Microsoft Word though because it’ll correct a lot more grammatical errors and mistakes than Open Office will and grammar is extremely important in any kind of copy.

A solo ad is essentially just a sales copy like I said above so it needs to sell something. However, they’re written a bit differently than sales pages because they’re far shorter. People don’t have the attention span to read a 1,000 word e-mail; I mean can you blame them? So your e-mail copy or (solo ad) as everyone loves to call them for some reason needs to convey the same message a sales page would but in far less words and in a shorter amount of time. Graphics can be used in solo ads but commonly it’s mostly text and you never see a lot of graphics in them. I would stick to mostly text because people usually have to click “show all images” in order for them to load in e-mails and a lot of people don’t do that nor will they.

So let’s go step by step in determining how to build the perfect solo ad for your clientele and your potential partners for ad swaps (which is discussed below).

First, going back to course 1, we discussed market research. We need to figure out what the current audience in your market is purchasing and what problems they’re trying to solve. What problems are they trying to fix which is causing them to spend money on potential solutions? We can’t just write up an ad copy and then expect people to click on it for no reason. Solo Ads are one of the hardest things to convert because they are blatant advertisements.

Next, you want to be funny. Being funny will skyrocket your conversion rate because a lot of people get so much spam a day that your ad might not even be noticed by the majority of people. I mean honestly, who’s going to notice yet another e-mail in their inbox that says “here’s how to make money online” or “here’s how you can build a house” or, well yeah, you get the picture. You have to be funny and clever on what you want the headline to say because if you’re not, you’re more than likely not going to get a click thru or even an open.

The goal of sending out e-mails or a solo ad in general is very simple, you want an open and a click thru. That’s the main goal of sending those out and I’m sure you’ve read some information in other guides or eBooks that might have told you differently but I’m going to advise you to ignore the advice given in those. You’re being misguided if you’ve read sending out a solo ad is anything more than getting an open, a click thru which hopefully leads to a sale. The vendor’s job isn’t to sell your product or your affiliate link, that’s your job.

The vendor’s job is purely just to send out your e-mail sales copy to his list which hopefully he hasn’t lied and the e-mail list he advertises that he has is legit. So hopefully now you have a basic understanding of how a solo ad works and exactly what they’re used for.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Part 4/5
    How To Find Ad Swap Partners

So now that you have an understanding of how to properly set up a solo ad, you’re going to need to know how to find partners to have an ad swap or even to find a solo ad vendor. When you think about finding ad swap partners, it’s a lot like finding a joint venture partner so I’ll touch up on that for a while as well. Your first e-mail will essentially give the client a good idea of whether or not they’d like to work with your or not.

So when e-mailing these affiliates or clients, you need to be as professional as possible, offer them something other people don’t and have a great ad copy. Your solo ad should be professional written and if you can’t afford to have it written, then try your best and proofread the hell out of it. I would highly recommend hiring an ad copywriter but people on a budget can you usually get away with doing it on their own.

How you present your solo ad to a potential ad swap partner will play a big role as well. After all, these people are sales man as well so the typical random salesman tricks that work on customers or gullible people aren’t going to work on these people. They know all the tricks of the grade so when presenting your ad to them, be genuine and just tell them what you’re offering them. You can easily find people by typing in your niche keywords into Google and finding blogs or contacting people that you find in the top of the search engine ranking pages for your particular keyword.

So in essence, I hope you understand how ad swap partners work and a basic idea of what you should look for when doing a joint venture or for that matter anything with a partner. The basic idea is to do a Google search for your market, your particular keywords that you’re trying to target and you’ll be presented with tons of pages. How to make a great judgment about who would make a great partner for an ad swap would be, would you buy anything from the sales page of the potential partner that you’re e-mailing them?

If you wouldn’t purchase anything from them or sign up to their e-mail list, then why would anyone else and why would you believe that they would have a large e-mail list? The most important thing is NOT the size of the list however; it’s the quality and the high targeted e-mail lists that you need to find. You need to ask these potential vendors and swap partners about their lists. Ask them how they’ve obtained their list, what they usually offer their list, how often they send out promotions and what they usually promote. Ask them about their open rate as well.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Part 5/5

Conclusion

So I hope now you have a thorough understanding of ad swaps or at least a good idea of what ad swaps and solo ads are. They’re a very simple concept and they’re great for bringing in a flood of traffic. That’s the end of these three courses and we’ve covered a lot of ground here today to take in, so I recommend re-reading everything, taking notes and taking it all in because I know it can be overwhelming at first but they’re all a really simple concept. I know how information overload can affect you so take a break if you’re starting to get brain farts or you feel an overload of information coming on.

Don’t worry about everything being perfect the first time, no one is perfect the first time they do anything and if they say they were, they’re lying and most likely trying to sell something to you. I know I sure wasn’t perfect the first time I tried anything in internet marketing and I made a lot of dumb mistakes. That’s why I’ve designed these three courses, which hopefully have helped you in some way.

Let’s recap on these courses. If you haven’t read through the other two courses as of yet, then you’re more than likely confused as to what I’m talking about so go back and read course #1 which was building a website on a budget. This will teach you and give you tips on how to start up a website on a very low budget which will get you started. This will act as the core foundation for your business and it’s going to be essential. Sure, it’ll cost you $25 or more to get started but if you can’t afford $25, I feel your priorities might need to be shifted to affording food if things are that rough.

The first course taught us how to build a website, what we need to do to effectively make that website high converting and even the psychology of colors. The first course was a basic beginner’s course on starting up a website for the beginner because a lot of people don’t have websites yet which is perplexing to me. You should ALWAYS have a website, no matter what services you’re promoting or what you’re selling.

The second course was about one of the most important aspects of business which was list building. Sure, selling and great products are a good key to getting business but if you want long-term and repetitive business then you need to have a list because if you don’t have that list in place, you only have a one-time customer. If you have a list, then they’re going to keep coming back. The third and final course focused on the ever popular term solo ads, what they are, why they’re popular and how to profit off of them. Hopefully you’ve enjoyed these courses and learned a thing or two from them, and I will see you for the next courses!